Wednesday, June 24, 2009

in England now-a-bed

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
(Henry V)

It was an epic weekend for my team out at the Tour of Washington County. Where was I? Winning? Chasing down breaks? Leading out sprinters? Not getting dropped? Keeping the rubber side down? Making a valiant effort? Hell... at least cheering my teammates on and chronicling their exploits?

Nope. None of the above. I had just returned from England, jet-
lagged, sleep-deprived, hung over, de-trained, stressed out, and still in negotiations. But I was already signed up for the race. I wish I'd driven out there and saddled up, excuses be damned. (Hey, Ruggles won after a bout of food poisoning!)

I am holding my manhood very cheap indeed. Oh well. Tonight is Greenbelt. This weekend is Reston. The bard is worth quoting again...

Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing.
(Troilus and Cressida)

Calvini: congrats on the race and awesome blogging.

p.s. I did get a job out of the trip: the pound is $1.66, bitches!

2 comments:

Tim Rugg said...

Get me a job - I'm ready to start my international cycling career.

Welcome back. See you at Greenbelt!

qualia said...

Congrats on the EPIC-NESS last weekend!

I'm not in a position to give out jobs, but feel free to come and visit next year. I do have a sweet place lined up and it's great cycling there.